Saturday, March 13, 2010

what food means to me

Everyday i wake up at 6:45 am to get ready for school. I get my daughter ready and head out, as my day goes on i eat small snacks knowing that when i get home i will need to cook a nice dinner for my family. By 4pm sometimes 5 depending on my schedule i pick the baby up from daycare and head home, by the time i actually get home is 6:45 i shower the baby and start cooking. By the time my fiance gets home dinner is set on the table so we eat as a family and talk about our day.
Food to me mean spending time with my family and responsibility. Everyday i know its my job to cook for my family instead of feeding them ''crap'' from the streets. After i move out on my own i realize how important all those times my mom cooked for me after coming home tired from work were. It makes me miss her and love her more because i know its hard, sometimes i wish i can come home and find the food made but i know that's not going to happen. That's part of growing up =/ i wouldn't change the experience I'm going through right now for nothing if that means i will need to cook forever let it be it =).

1 comment:

  1. I like how this post shows the way cooking is a family responsibility and the way mom's cook to show love. Very moving. bTw - who is this?

    ReplyDelete